The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management course content includes UK, EU and international references and designed to benefit companies in all industry sectors who are seeking to implement effective environmental management systems and to provide line managers with a sound understanding of the principles of managing environmental risk.
Study Method & Duration
This NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is studied via distance learning. You will be provided with course materials which will also include study/revision/exam advice, tutor support details and your study planner.
Support is offered by expert health and safety tutors, whom you can contact by telephone or email. You will also have access to a Facebook group specifically for distance learning students, where you can discuss any aspects of your studies with tutors and other students.
You can enrol at any time. The course can be studied in your own time, with total flexibility around your available hours.
Recommended study hours: 70 hours
NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management Programme
Unit EC1: Management and control of environmental hazards
- Element 1: Foundations in environmental management
- Element 2: Environmental management systems
- Element 3: Environmental impact assessments
- Element 4: Controls of emissions to air
- Element 5: Control of contamination of water resources
- Element 6: Control of waste and land use
- Element 7: Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
- Element 8: Control of environmental noise
- Element 9: Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
EC2 – Environmental Practical Application
The practical assessment is carried out in the candidate’s own workplace. The practical must be completed within 14 days of sitting the examination for the EC1 unit.
You will be assessed by a two hour written examination for unit EC1 and a practical examination for unit EC2. You need to pass both units within a two-year period. A unit certificate is issued denoting successful achievement of each unit. A certificate award parchment is issued on completion of both units.
When studying via distance learning or e-learning you don’t pay for your exam(s) upfront — you choose your preferred exam dates and pay directly with the training provider after you’ve booked the course.
Exam Prices for E-learning Students
- 1 x Written exam (NGC1, GC2, FC1, NCC1, EC1, IGC1): £99 exc. VAT (held at one of our venues)
- Practical Assessment (EC2, FC2, GC3, NCC2): £50 exc. VAT
- Oil & Gas Certificate (IOG1): £120 exc. VAT (held at one of our venues)
- NGC Open Book Exam (NG1, IG1, NGC1, IGC1): £120 exc. VAT
- NGC New syllabus practical assessment (NG2 IG2): £85 exc. VAT
- NEBOSH Diploma Enrolment Fee: £60
- NEBOSH Diploma written exam fee per unit: £135 excl. VAT (held at one of our venues)
- NEBOSH Diploma unit DNI exam: £99 excl. VAT
- Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Cape Town (South Africa)
- Durban (South Africa)
- British Councils in other countries
The pass rate for this course is over 90% and our candidates also achieve a high number of Credits and Distinctions.
The price includes course materials and unlimited tutor support. Exam fees are additional as detailed above.