The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is a degree-level course that builds on the training modules taught in the NEBOSH International General Certificate. It is intended for professionals looking to advance their health and safety careers in a senior role outside of the UK.
On completion of the NEBOSH International Diploma distance learning course, candidates will become eligible for Graduate Membership to the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (GradIOSH) and full membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
Furthermore, with additional professional development, prestigious Chartered Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH) status can be achieved. Alternatively, further studies can be completed in most UK universities which accept the International Diploma as prior learning that meets their entry criteria for postgraduate MSc courses.
Please note that for candidates who currently work or intend to base their careers in the UK, the NEBOSH National Diploma may be more suitable.
Distance Learning Study Method
In order to give international students the opportunity to benefit from first-class tuition while studying a time, pace and location that suits their lifestyle and other work commitments, this course is available as a distance learning programme.
NEBOSH Diploma Course Materials
All course materials are prepared by a team of specialist consultants and qualified educational professionals who are experienced in health and safety, led by our Technical Writer and Lead Diploma Tutor, Dr Julie Riggs, DProf, MSc, CMIOSH, MBOHS, MISIAQ.
Dr Riggs is a world-renowned expert in health and safety who has given presentations to the House of Commons and been interviewed for national television and radio shows.
Course materials for the NEBOSH International Diploma distance learning course include:
- Informative, engaging and interactive study guides that are presented in both traditional print and textbook format as well as digital copies.
- Step-by-step study units that guide candidates through the core health and safety requirements for safe and profitable, international business practice.
- Personalised study timetables developed in partnership with an assigned tutor.
- Revision support in preparation for scheduled exam dates.
- Expert tuition from our qualified, experienced tutors who are available for instant support by phone, email, Facebook and Skype.
- Access to regular live webinars and Skype surgeries where candidates can discuss assignments with course peers and online tutors.
- Facebook discussion groups which have 1000+ active members for sharing tips, advice and information, plus access to video tutorials to aid revision via YouTube channel.
- Regular tutor-marked assignments and feedback.
- Web-based revision sessions plus advice, quizzes and support, including access to past exam papers to help candidates prepare for written NEBOSH exams.
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is split into four distinct, taught and practical units of learning:
- Unit IA: Managing Health and Safety.
- Unit IB: Hazardous Substances / Agents.
- Unit IC: Workplace and Work Equipment Safety.
- Unit DNI: Application of health and safety in the workplace. This unit involves a workplace based assessment that tests the practical application of knowledge gained in units IA-IC.
Final Assessments and NEBOSH Examination
To successfully graduate from the course, candidates must pass a written exam and complete a practical, work-based assessment.
Exam dates are set by NEBOSH and are always in the morning but candidates can choose which of our learning centres to sit them at, including branches in:
Alternatively, we can arrange for exams to be held in any British Council venue in major cities all over the world, however this service may be subject to additional costs. For more information about this option, please contact us.
If it’s not possible to complete the assessment in your workplace, please contact us and we will endeavour to arrange an alternative venue for you.
When studying via distance learning you don’t pay for your exam(s) upfront — you choose your preferred exam dates and pay later directly with the training provider after you’ve booked the course.
Exam Prices for Distance Learning Students
- 1 x Written exam (NGC1, GC2, FC1, NCC1, EC1, IGC1): £99 exc. VAT (held at one of our venues)
- Practical Assessment (EC2, FC2, GC3, NCC2): £50 exc. VAT
- Oil & Gas Certificate (IOG1): £120 exc. VAT (held at one of our venues)
- NGC Open Book Exam (NG1, IG1, NGC1, IGC1): £120 exc. VAT
- NGC New syllabus practical assessment (NG2 IG2): £85 exc. VAT
- NEBOSH Diploma Enrolment Fee: £60
- NEBOSH Diploma written exam fee per unit: £135 excl. VAT (held at one of our venues)
- NEBOSH Diploma unit DNI exam: £99 excl. VAT