NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations
Fixed Price ✓ Industry Leading Assessors ✓ CSCS Blue Card in 4 weeks ✓
This ProQual Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations qualification provides a nationally recognised qualification for those working in piling operations in the construction industry.
Candidates can follow one of 3 Pathways relating to their work roles:
Pathway 1: Painter
Pathway 2: Industrial Painter
Pathway 3: Heritage Painter
The awarding body for this NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual); It is also endorsed by the sector body for construction – CITB. The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is published on Ofqual’s Register of Qualifications.
- The NVQ is for those who are looking to advance in the construction industry
- The NVQ will allow you to gain the relevant qualification and a CSCS Blue ‘Skilled Worker’ card
To achieve the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations qualification candidates must complete the six Mandatory units plus the required Mandatory or Optional Units from one of the Pathways.
Mandatory Units for all Pathways
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting and dismantling access/working platforms in the workplace
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating in the workplace
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller in the workplace
There are 3 Pathways, the Mandatory/Optional unit requirements for each are listed below.
- Industrial Painter
- Heritage Painter
Candidates must complete 6 mandatory units. Candidates may also complete any of the Additional units but these will not count towards the qualification.
Optional Units for ‘Industrial Painter’
- Operating equipment in support of the paint sprayer in the workplace
- Operating equipment in support of the abrasive blast cleaner in the workplace
- Applying coatings by the airless spray method in the workplace
- Preparing surfaces by abrasive blast cleaning in the workplace
Additional Units for All Pathways
Candidates may complete any of the Additional Units but these will not count towards the qualification.
- Hanging standard paper wall-coverings in the workplace
- Hanging wide-width vinyls in the workplace
- Applying coatings by the air spray method in the workplace
- Producing and applying complex stencil designs in the workplace
- Installing coving and decorative mouldings in the workplace
- Applying coatings to produce textured finishes in the workplace
- Producing broken colour work in the workplace
- Producing stencil designs using pre-cut stencil plates in the workplace
This qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
The qualifications must be assessed in a work environment and in accordance with the ConstructionSkills’ Consolidated Assessment Strategy for Construction and the Built Environment, and it must be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified assessor.
Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Evidence can include:
- observation report by assessor
- professional discussion
- witness testimony
- candidate product
- record of oral and written questioning
- Recognition of Prior Learning
NVQ Qualification & Certification
Candidates who achieve the requirements for this qualification will be awarded:
- A certificate listing all units achieved, and
- A certificate giving the full qualification title “ProQual Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations”
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.