NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision Qualification
Fixed Price ✓ Industry Leading Assessors ✓ CSCS Red Card ✓
The ProQual Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision (Construction) qualification provides provides the opportunity for individuals who supervise others in a relevant construction occupational area to demonstrate their competence.
The awarding organisation for this NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision qualification is ProQual. This qualification is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) Regulation. The Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) includes those qualifications regulated by Ofqual and CCEA Regulation.
Red CSCS Card
One of the main benefits with enrolling onto one of our NVQ programmes is that you will automatically qualify for a red CSCS card.
Supervisors, Managers and Technical Workers can apply for this particular card with proof of registration onto an NVQ/SVQ level 3 or higher and who are not an approved member of a Professional Body.
- You will need to have at least one year (in the last three years) on the job experience.
- You will need to have completed the relevant level of CITB Health, Safety and Environment test in the last 2 years (unless you are exempt – HSE Test and Exemptions).
The red CSCS card is valid for three years and cannot be renewed, this means you should pass your NVQ or SVQ within the 2 years, to progress to a supervisory or management CSCS card.
To achieve the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision qualification candidates complete all six of the Mandatory units, plus a minimum of two optional units.
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Implementing and Maintaining Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising Work Operations in the Workplace
- Monitoring Progress of Work Against Schedules in the Workplace
Optional Units – complete a minimum of two
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant and Equipment in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Meets Quality Standards in the Workplace
- Implementing Procedures to Support the Team’s Performance in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Confirming Dimensional Control of Requirements of the Work in the Workplace
NVQ 3 Assessment
This NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision (Construction) qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
The qualifications must be assessed in a work environment and in accordance with the ConstructionSkills’ Consolidated Assessment Strategy for Construction and the Built Environment, and it must be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified assessor.
Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Evidence can include:
- observation report by assessor
- professional discussion
- witness testimony
- candidate product
- record of oral and written questioning
- Recognition of Prior Learning
NVQ 3 Qualification & Certification
Candidates who achieve the requirements for this qualification will be awarded:
- A certificate listing all units achieved, and
- A certificate giving the full qualification title “ProQual Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision (Construction)”
Candidates must provide evidence that they are qualified to at least NVQ Level 2 in their occupational area prior to being registered for the Occupational Work Supervision qualification. There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.