If someone works in a business that involves the retail sale or supply of alcohol it will, whatever their role, be essential that they understand the consequences of alcohol consumption, how to handle those consequences and the legal aspects of licensing the sale and supply of alcohol.
This online course provides awareness education. Face-to-face training, coaching or supervision would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why the licensing of alcohol is necessary
- List the key objectives of the Licensing Act 2003
- Understand the role of the licensing authorities in implementing the Licensing Act 2003
- Describe the roles of the personal licence holder and the Designated Premises Supervisor
- State how alcohol affects the human body
- Acknowledge the responsibilities of workers in the licensed trade when serving alcohol in licensed premises
- Understand how the law protects children from alcohol-related harm • Describe the rights of police and other authorities to enter and close licensed premises
Any employee requiring a base level understanding of the subject