We have devised this course as an ebyte – a short animated video – to give a “whistlestop tour” of some of the key changes in legislation under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including:
- GDPR central aim
- Data controller and data processor responsibilities
- Consent (incl. children’s personal data)
- Privacy notices
- Types of data
- GDPR principles
- Individuals’ rights
- Transfer of data
- Breach notification
This quick guide to GDPR course provides the learner with an overview of each of these areas. A more detailed ‘Awareness’ version is also available for learners that require deeper knowledge of GDPR.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- State what the GDPR is
- Describe the categories of data
- Provide an overview of the six GDPR principles
- List some of the rights of individuals
- Explain the standards for consent
- Describe the accountability requirement for organisations
Any members of an organisation requiring a base level understanding of the the General Data Protection Regulation.
Video with subtitles
This course contains a short assessment to check the learner’s understanding.