The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018. This e-learning course covers some of the key changes in legislation, including:
- GDPR background and central aim
- Types of data
- Data controller and data processor responsibilities
- Consent (incl. children’s personal data)
- Privacy notices
- Lawful processing
- GDPR principles
- Individuals’ rights
- Breach notification and penalties
- Accountability and governance
- Transfer of data
This guide to GDPR course provides the learner with a detailed explanation of each of these areas and is built using our Nimbus tool. As such, if you have access to Nimbus, you can edit the course to suit your organisation. A lighter version, ‘A Quick Guide to GDPR’ is also available for learners that require an overview of GDPR.
As a result of completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- State what the GDPR is
- Explain why we need it
- Describe the categories of data
- List some of the key changes in legislation
- Explain the standards for consent and safeguarding of children’s data
- Describe the accountability requirement for data controllers and processors
The course contains an assessment to check the learner’s understanding.
Anyone who needs an awareness of the pending General Data Protection Regulation and an understanding of the key changes it will bring to data protection legislation in the UK.