There are a number of reasons why first aid is so important, such as encouraging general safety, preventing casualties’ conditions from worsening and, ultimately, saving lives. Ideally, everyone would have a basic knowledge of what first aid is, why it is important, how to apply it and what do to in an emergency.
This course describes what first aid is and why it is important. It also provides sufficient information for the user to be able to apply first aid safely and effectively to different types of casualty.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what first aid is and why it is important
- Understand UK first aid law and regulations
- Acknowledge employers’ responsibilities
- Describe how to manage an injury incident
- Understand what to do in a medical emergency
Understand how to treat:
- Unconscious casualties (breathing and not breathing)
- Respiratory problems
- Effects of extreme heat and cold
- Medical problems
This e-learning provides awareness education. Face-to-face training, coaching or supervision would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
Anyone with a need/desire to learn about basic first aid
Mixed Media (audio/video elements with subtitles)