Phoenix’s fire safety training course helps employers in every industry fulfil their legal duty efficiently, affordably, and flexibly. Employees will gain a basic understanding of occupational fire safety. In turn, they will have the skills to prevent fires in the workplace and know what to do if one occurs.
Employers and business owners are legally obliged to provide employees with sufficient information and training on fire safety in the workplace. This duty of care is a requirement of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Who is this Fire Safety course suitable for?
It is the responsibility of all employers, owners, landlords, and occupiers of non-domestic premises to ensure that adequate fire training is available. As such, this course is suitable for employees at all levels and in every type of industry. By enrolling onto this training programme, employees can make their residence or workplace safer for everyone.
The fire safety course covers the following topics:
- An overview of the fire triangle and how it relates to workplace fire safety.
- Common causes of fires, including sources of ignition, fuel, and oxygen.
- Good housekeeping practices that can minimise the risk of fires.
- Fire signage, evacuation routes, and other useful information.
- Workplace assembly points.
- How to respond in the event of a fire.
- Fire safety equipment, including the different types of extinguisher.
Learning outcomes of the fire safety course:
- Understand what causes fires and how to prevent them.
- Understand how to minimise the risk of fires.
- Be aware of fire detection and warning systems in your workplace.
- Be aware of the evacuation strategy, routes and process.
There is a multiple-choice assessment at the end of the course, with results provided immediately.
When and how will I receive my results and certificate?
Once you complete the course and assessment, a confirmation of results is available immediately. The certificate can be printed or saved as proof of completion.
What’s the duration of the course?
The course should take 40 minutes to complete.
What happens if I fail the assessment?
You can retake the assessment.