One in five people at work are attacked or abused every year just for doing their job. Teachers, doctors, nurses, carers, social workers, public transport workers, shop workers, DWP staff and many others are all at risk every working day. But there is much that employees and employers can do to reduce the number of victims – and undertaking this course is a positive first step.
As a result of undertaking it learners will be able to:
- Explain the causes of violence and aggression
- Describe how to avoid it
- State how to deal with aggressive behaviour And
- State how to deal with actual physical violence
Handling Violence Learning Objectives
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand violence and aggression, who is at risk and the causes behind it
- Describe when work-related violence is likely to occur
- List the warning signs of violence and aggression
- Understand how to avoid provocation
- Describe The Control Trilogy
- Know your options when face with violent behaviour
This e-learning provides awareness education. Face-to-face training, coaching or supervision would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
- All members of an organisation requiring a base level understanding of the subject.
Mixed Media (audio/video elements with subtitles)