Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers are required to ensure that workers are provided with adequate information and training to minimise risks at work. Employers can decide how this training is provided.
We offer online Health & Safety Awareness courses that are intended to fulfil this legal obligation. This Health and Safety Awareness for Employees course also ensures that staff members have the knowledge and skills they need to keep themselves safe while performing their duties.
Who is this Health & Safety course suitable for?
The training programmes are aimed at anyone who needs basic information regarding safety in the workplace.
The Health & Safety Awareness for Employees course covers the following topics:
- Reasons for managing health and safety
- Health and safety law
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Health and safety information
- Enforcement of safety laws
- Hazards and risks
- Risk assessment
- Risk control
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety signs
- Accidents and near misses
Learning outcomes of the Health & Safety Awareness for Employees course:
- Understand what causes accidents and how to prevent them
- Ability to carry out a risk assessment
- Understanding PPE and safety signs
- Understanding of relevant safety laws
There is a multiple-choice assessment at the end of the course, with results provided immediately.
What’s the duration of the online course?
Phoenix’s short, online health & safety courses should take 40 minutes to complete.
What happens if I fail the assessment?
You can retake the assessment.
When and how will I receive my results and certificate?
Once you complete the course and assessment, a confirmation of results is available immediately. This certificate can be printed or saved as proof of completion.