Having completed this online risk assessment course the learner will be able to carry out an effective health and safety risk assessment.
Any person for whom responsibility for the health and safety of others forms part of their job description needs to know how to carry out a risk assessment. To be given this responsibility without complementary training is daunting for the individual and almost certain to lead to errors and omissions when risk controls are decided.
What Will You Learn on the Risk Assessment Course?
Completion of this risk assessment course will ensure that such individual possess the key skills and knowledge necessary to enable them to carry out an effective risk assessment. Risk assessment is the keystone of effective health and safety management in any organisation, and failing to ensure the competence of individuals tasked with this activity is in contravention of health and safety law as well as being ethically suspect.
By requiring staff with risk assessment responsibilities to complete this course the organisation is meeting a key requirement in respect of the competence and confidence of such individuals.
Risk Assessment Online Course Learning Objectives
By the end of this risk assessment online course you will be able to:
- Understand what a hazard is
- Describe the different types of workplace hazard
- State what a hidden hazard is – hazards that may not be immediately obvious
- Understand what a risk is
- Describe the risk assessment process
- Acknowledge risk control
This e-learning provides awareness education. Face-to-face training, coaching or supervision would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
Online Course Duration
All members of an organisation requiring a base level understanding of the subject
Mixed Media (audio/video elements with subtitles)
If you wish to study further you may want to consider the IOSH Managing Safely course.
Related Risk Assessment Content
- Meet your legal requirement with a risk assessment
- Occupational health and safety risks you may not be thinking about
- How are your risk assessments?
- Are you competent enough for performing risk assessments?
- Use risk assessments to avoid prosecution
- Reducing risk in the workplace
- Working at Height – learn how to reduce the risks
- Are you putting your workers lives at risk?
- Reducing the risk of fire with NEBOSH fire safety training