IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
This online training version IOSH Managing Safely certificate gives people in positions of responsibility an overview of how to identify, evaluate and control workplace risks. It is aimed at anyone with responsibility for other employees, including team leaders, supervisors and managers.
The certificated IOSH Managing Safely course was developed by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). This is a global chartered body that creates training courses to promote high standards of health and safety in the workplace.
The training course is an excellent precursor to further professional development, including the IOSH Leading Safely course or NEBOSH accreditation. And best of all, it can be completed online.
A Sought-After Qualification
An online IOSH Managing Safely certificate is a sought-after qualification and supports continued professional development. There are no entry requirements to book this course and you do not need to register for IOSH membership.
Moving on from an IOSH Managing Safely certificate, participants will be well-positioned to study for a career in health and safety. It’s particularly useful for workers seeking further accreditation from the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
Online Course Programme
The online IOSH Managing Safely certificate comprises 24 hours of tuition, which the participant can complete at their own pace. There is no obligation to complete the course in a single sitting or within a few days. Participants have six months from enrolment to finish the training, and there are regular reminders to tell you how much time is left. Once you register and pay for the course, you get a secure login for your e-learning account. This is compatible with computers, tablets and smartphones.
The IOSH Managing Safely programme includes interactive exercises, revision tasks, informative video clips and additional reference materials surrounding the key issues.
The IOSH Managing Safely certificate course is comprised of seven modules:
- Module 1: Introducing managing safely
- Module 2: Assessing risks
- Module 3: Controlling risks
- Module 4: Understanding responsibilities
- Module 5: Understanding hazards
- Module 6: Investigating incidents
- Module 7: Measuring Performance
Modules can be accessed at any time and from any location with a suitable internet connection. This allows participants to progress with the e-learning course outside of normal working hours.
Does the IOSH certificate expire?
- No, the IOSH certificate does not expire, however IOSH do recommend that you attend an IOSH Managing Safely Online Refresher course every three years.
- Who is legally responsible for health and safety at work?
- Health and safety officer courses for responsible businesses
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
- Understanding health and safety regulations
- Health and Safety Act 1974
- Best health and safety course for site managers
- Comparing the SMSTS Course & IOSH Managing Safely
- Managing safely with the best employees on your team
- Managing safely for better business
- The NEBOSH General Certificate Online