IOSH Working Safely Course Online Content
Module 1: Introducing ‘Working Safely’
- An introduction to the IOSH Working Safely course online and the principles of why working safely is important
Module 2: Defining hazard and risk
- Understanding what constitutes a ‘hazard’ and recognising the different types
- Understanding the principles of risk and risk assessment
Module 3: Identifying common hazards
- Recognising 18 of the most common workplace
- How they arise
- How to remove or reduce the risk
Module 4: Improving safety performance
- Understanding safe systems of work
- A look at how, when and why to use PPE
- Recognising safety signs
- An overview of emergency procedures and first aid
- Understanding the basics of measuring health and safety and reporting incidents
Module 5: Protecting our environment
- Understanding how industry affects the environment
- Discovering what industry and the individual can do to reduce pollution and waste
Complementing this IOSH Working Safely course online is a Learner’s Task Book containing activities designed to transfer learning to the real life workplace. A period of 6 months is allowed for completion.
Successful completion results in the award of an IOSH Working Safely certificate.
6 to 8 hours total
New starters and workers from any sector requiring a grounding in health and safety.
How long does the IOSH Working Safely certificate last?
- The certificate doesn’t expire, however IOSH recommends that you take a refresher every three years
What is IOSH Working Safely?
- IOSH Working Safely is a one-day course covering the essentials of health and safety in the workplace. It is aimed at all employees in all types of organisation. It looks at people’s responsibilities for health and safety, workplace hazards and risks, and how to control them.
Is there a further study option?
- Yes, if you are looking for further study options after completing this course you can move on to study the IOSH Managing Safely course.