This IOSH Working Safely qualification is an essential short course for employees of organisations in any industry sector who need a grounding in health and safety. It is an international safety certificate based on best practice and provides an awareness of general workplace hazards and focuses on why health and safety is important to the wellbeing of individual workers and those around them.
The qualification is equivalent to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘Passport’ syllabus.
IOSH Working Safely Qualification Overview
The IOSH Working Safely qualification is recognised as an equivalent to a level 1 award in health and safety in a construction environment.
- It is a 1 day classroom course or 4-8 hour online course
- Assessment is a multiple choice test
- On successful completion you will have an internationally recognised IOSH approved certificate
Qualification Key Facts
- Online Learning
- 4 modules
- Multiple choice test and hazard spotting activity
- Why staff must work safely
- Staff’s responsibility towards health, safety and wellbeing
- The difference between hazards and risks
- Hazard and risk identification, impact and how to control them
- The importance of safety performance within the workplace and how to improve it
- How industry affects the environment
The varied training style presents the relevant concepts and individuals can apply their learning using enjoyable and practical workplace examples and scenarios.
Who is the Qualification for?
It is for all employees working in any size of organisation in all industry sectors.
Assessment and Certification
There is a 10 question (15 mins) multiple-choice assessment and 3 hazard spotting exercises (15 mins) at the end of the course.
On successful completion of the assessment you will be awarded an IOSH Certificate or a credit card sized IOSH passport card.
Does the IOSH Working Safely qualification expire?
- The certificate doesn’t expire but IOSH recommends that you take a refresher every three years.
How and when do I take the course?
- An online course takes between 4 to 8 hours and can be started at any time.
When do you receive the results and the IOSH Certificate?
- You should receive the results and, provided you have passed, your certificate up to 6 to 8 weeks after the course.
Are there any entry requirements for taking IOSH Working Safely qualification?
- No, there are no entry requirements.
What is included in the price?
- Examination fees and the IOSH approved certificate
- Comprehensive course materials