During pregnancy and the period following childbirth both mothers and fathers receive a significant degree of legal protection against workplace disadvantage. This protection seeks to avoid discrimination, work stress and financial difficulty through anti-discrimination law, statutory entitlements to leave and financial benefits. In return, those concerned have responsibilities, primarily in respect of keeping their employer notified of their wishes and intentions.
This Maternity Leave course aims to enable learners to understand the full range of rights and responsibilities of mothers-to-be, mothers and fathers during the time they are in paid employment.
Maternity Leave Learning Objectives
This course covers the rights and responsibilities of mothers in respect of:
- Time off to attend antenatal appointments
- Compulsory Maternity Leave
- Ordinary Maternity Leave
- Additional Maternity Leave
- Returning to work part-time after Maternity Leave
- Statutory Maternity Pay and Allowance
- Maternity Allowance
- HR Staff
- Line managers
- All those needing to understand maternity and paternity benefits and family-friendly legislation
Mixed Media (audio/video elements with subtitles)