NEBOSH Health, Safety & Environment in the Process Industries Online
The NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment in the Process Industries online course and qualification provides the perfect introduction to general health and safety, process safety and environmental management for those working or looking to work in health and safety within the Process Industries such as Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Petrochemicals, Food etc.
The NEBOSH Health, Safety & Environment in the Process Industries online course provides the perfect introduction to HSE in the process industries in the workplace. The NEBOSH HSE for the Process Industries qualification is ideal for process operators, technicians, team leaders, supervisors and others with a need to have a good understanding of health, safety and environment issues in process industries.
Benefits of Achieving the NEBOSH Process Industries Award
- Valued by employers – both in the UK and internationally
- Specific qualification for those working in the Process Industries
- Provides an excellent foundation for further NEBOSH qualifications
RRC offer you more than any other NEBOSH provider:
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner – Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years experience in delivering health and safety training
- Choice of learning methods
- Above average exam pass rates
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 NEBOSH approved expert tutors
Online Course Content
The NEBOSH Award in Health, Safety and the Environment for the Process Industries consists of three elements which must be successfully completed within six months to achieve the NEBOSH Award for the Process Industries qualification.
Unit HSW1: Workplace Safety Foundations
- The Foundations of Health and Safety
- The Responsibility for Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment and Control
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Work Equipment
- Transport Safety
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Working with Electricity
- Fire Safety
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Manual Handling and Repetitive Movement
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Hazardous Substances
- Hazards and Controls Associated with the Working Environment
Unit PS1: Process Safety
- The Foundations of Process Safety
- Systems to Prevent Loss of Containment
- Common Hazards, Risks and Controls in the Chemical Industry
- Plant Integrity
- Emergency Response
Unit PS2: Environmental Management
- Foundations in Environmental Management
- Control of Emissions
- Environmental Risk Assessments (Impact Assessment)
The NEBOSH Award in Health, Safety and the Environment for the Process Industries is assessed by a 1.5 hour multiple choice exam.
Exams are held throughout the year.
NEBOSH Award for the Process Industries Online
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 45 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 2-3 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- RRC Guaranteed Support
Where can I sit my exam?
Exams can be sat at one of RRC’s UK exam centres or in one of our network of 190+ exam centres throughout the world.
- UK Exam Centres – London, Glasgow, Manchester
- RRC International Centres – Dubai
- RRC International Exam Centre Network
How long does the Certificate take to complete?
This will depend on how you choose to study. The Classroom course is 5 days including the exam. For Online study on average, learners complete this course in around 3-6 months.
How long is the exam?
The exam is 90 minutes long.
What does Gold Learning Partner mean?
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme.
NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience.
All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support
- Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
Learner Partner Status
Learning Partners can be identified as follows:
- Gold – greatly exceeds the principles
- Silver – exceeds the principles
- Bronze – meets the principles
What is the difference between online, live online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study.
Online & e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
What happens if I fail the exams?
If you do not pass your exams, you can book a re-sit with our exams team.
Can I do the exam online?
No exams cannot be completed Online. Exams need to be completed at one of our assessment centres which will be arranged by our exams team.
Is the exam open book?
No. You cannot take any learning materials into the exam with you.