The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management provides the knowledge and understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) to ensure holders of this certificate can contribute to the effective management of process safety risks. The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management helps improve PSM in higher risk industries.
Developed by NEBOSH in collaboration with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) – the UK’s Health & Safety Regulator, this course is suitable for people all around the world who work in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals. Given the hazardous nature of these industries, this qualification has been designed to give specialist knowledge and understanding to managers, supervisors and safety professionals.
Benefits of achieving the NEBOSH Process Safety Management Certificate
- Enables holders to recognise and contribute to the control of process safety hazards
- Boost your career prospects, NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally
RRC offer you more than any other NEBOSH provider:
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner – Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- Regular 100% Pass rates
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years experience in delivering health & safety training
- Choice of learning methods
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 expert tutors
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management qualification consists of one Unit with four elements:
- Process Safety Leadership
- Management of Process Risk
- Process Safety Hazard Control
- Fire Protection and Emergency Response
Covering topics such as:
- Establishment of process management systems
- Asset management and maintenance strategies
- Safe start-up and shutdown of process plant
- Performance standards for safety critical systems and equipment
- Hazards and controls for:
- Chemical reactions
- Bulk storage of dangerous substances
- Fire and explosion
- Purpose and features of emergency plans
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is assessed by a 90 minute exam consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions.
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management Online
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 48 hours of study + exam (can be completed in 2-6 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the NEBOSH study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- RRC Guaranteed Support
Where can I sit my exam?
Exams can be sat at one of RRC’s UK exam centres or in one of our network of 190+ exam centres throughout the world.
- UK Exam Centres – London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle
- RRC International Centres – Dubai, Georgia, Tunisia
- RRC International Exam Centre Network
What are the entry requirements?
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is a technical qualification. There are no specific entry requirements but the course does assume a certain level of knowledge.
Health and Safety Knowledge
This course assumes those taking the course will have a good understanding of general health and safety. It is therefore highly recommended that students hold the NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent before studying the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management.
How long does the Certificate take to complete?
The classroom snd Live Online courses are 4 days plus the exam. The online course takes around 48 hours to complete with the average study duration 2-4 months.
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme.
NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience.
All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support
- Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
Learner Partner Status
Learning Partners can be identified as follows:
- Gold – greatly exceeds the principles
- Silver – exceeds the principles
- Bronze – meets the principles
How long are the exams?
The course is assessed by a 90 minute exam consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions.
What is the difference between online, live online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study.
Online & e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
Is the Certificate I receive the same if I study Online as when I study in the classroom?
Yes, the Certificate is the exact same. You cannot tell the method of study from the Certificate.
What happens if I fail the exams?
If you do not pass your exams, you can book a re-sit with our exams team.
Can the exams be completed online?
Exams need to be completed at one of our assessment centres. This will be pre-arranged with our exams team.