The NEBOSH International Environmental Diploma Online Course
The NEBOSH International Environmental Diploma course is respected worldwide and is ideal for those wanting a high level career in Environmental Management, and for safety professionals looking to expand their knowledge and competence.
The NEBOSH International Environmental Diploma online course is ideal for those wanting to develop and implement effective environmental management systems within their organisations. It is designed to provide learners with the relevant expertise wherever in the world they may be working, and to empower them to positively influence environmental management standards and practice at every organisational level.
Benefits of the NEBOSH International Diploma
- Use the letters ‘IEnvDipNEBOSH‘ after your name
- Valued by employers – NEBOSH Diploma holders get higher salaries (NEBOSH research)
- Boost your career prospects – NEBOSH Diploma holders are in demand throughout the world
RRC offer you more than any other NEBOSH provider:
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner – Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- Pass rates consistently higher than the NEBOSH average
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years experience in delivering NEBOSH courses
- Choice of learning methods
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 expert tutors
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Environmental Management online course is based on international standards and is made up of two units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the qualification:
Unit ED1: Controlling Environmental Aspects
- Key environmental cycles and the effects of human activity on the environment
- Environmental leadership
- Environmental management systems and emergency planning
- Environmental risk evaluation and control
- Environmental performance evaluation
- Waste management
- Managing emissions to the atmosphere
- Managing emissions to the water environment
- Control of environmental noise
- Hazardous substances and contaminated land
- Energy use
Unit IDEM2: Environmental Regulation
- Enforcement of environmental legislation
- Pollution prevention and control multilateral treaties
Unit ED1 of the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma is assessed by a three hour written exam. Unit ED1 Exams are held in January and July each year.
Unit IDEM2 is assessed by a work-based project and can be submitted in February, May, August or November each year.
NEBOSH International Environmental Diploma Online
- Available 24/7 worldwide
- Around 235 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 6-12 Months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the RRC study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- RRC Guaranteed Support
Where can I sit my exam?
Exams can be sat at one of RRC’s UK exam centres or in one of our network of 190+ exam centres throughout the world.
UK Exam Centres – London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle
RRC International Centres – Dubai, Georgia, Tunisia
RRC International Exam Centre Network
I completed the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate or will I need to complete the full classroom course?
Yes if you hold the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate, you will only need to complete the two week top-up classroom course. The course should have been studied within two years of commencing the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma course.
How long does the International Environmental Diploma take to complete?
The online course takes around 190 hours of study time (on average 6-12 months).
What are the entry requirements for the NEBOSH Diploma?
There are no specific barriers, in terms of academic qualifications, skills or experience for entry to the NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management programme. Both parts of the assessments must be answered in English. The assignment part of the assessment requires research into environmental issues in the candidate’s workplace and the completion of a report to top management. Feel free to call Envico on 0808 1966830 for details on the knowledge required prior to starting the International Environmental Diploma.
What does Gold Learning Partner mean?
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme.
NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience.
All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support
- Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
Learner Partner Status
Learning Partners can be identified as follows:
Gold – greatly exceeds the principles
Silver – exceeds the principles
Bronze – meets the principles
How long are the exams?
There is one three-hour exam to complete and a work-based assignment.
What is the difference between live online, online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study. Online and e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
What is the difference between the National and International Environmental Diploma?
The National Diploma is based on UK legislation and is recognised worldwide. The International Diploma is based on International Standards and Best Practice and is recognised by employers outside of the UK.
Will the certificate I receive be different if I study online?
No. All Certificates are the same irrespective of the study method.
What educational level is the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma?
It is the equivalent of a level 6 qualifications (EQF), which is equivalent to a University honours degree.
What happens if I fail?
If you do not pass your exams on your first attempt, you are able to book a re-sit with our exams team.
Do we have a graduation ceremony?
Yes, all candidates who successfully complete the NEBOSH National Diploma are invited to attend a Graduation Ceremony.
Can I do the exams online?
All exams must be completed at an approved centre, arranged with our exams team before the exam date.
Is the exam open book?
No. You cannot take any learning materials into the exam with you.
Do I have to pay VAT if I am based outside the UK?
Only companies outside of the UK who can provide a valid VAT number will be exempt from VAT. All individuals irrespective of their location will have to pay VAT.
Would I be able to get past exam papers?
You are able to access a past paper and examiners feedback on expected answers from the NEBOSH website. Course providers are not allowed to sell/give past papers to students.