The healthy functioning of our planet’s ecosystems – our air, water, and land – and the vast diversity of life on Earth is essential. To achieve this everyone needs to understand how they can avoid pollution and waste, protect watercourses, promote biodiversity and sustain natural resources.
This environmental course will enable learners to identify the causes of pollution and waste, minimise negative impacts to the environment and enhance the health and functioning of ecosystems where they live.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what we mean by ‘the environment’
- Define ‘environmental impact’
- Describe the factors that affect the severity of environmental impacts
- List the three types of pollution
- Describe the main causes of pollution
- Understand the principle sources of pollution
- List the three types of waste
- Give examples of major environmental impacts
This e-learning provides awareness education. Face-to-face training, coaching or supervision would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
All members of an organisation requiring a base level understanding of the subject.
Mixed Media (audio/video elements with subtitles)