Every year in the UK people are killed whilst working in confined spaces.
Accidents occur across a broad range of industries, and rescuers operating without proper training or equipment are frequently among the victims.
The hazards involved in such work are serious, and the risks invariably high, so appropriate training is vital – and a legal requirement.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define what is meant by a confined space and provide examples
- Describe the dangers presented by confined spaces
- Explain the legal requirements relating to working in confined spaces
- List and explain the key elements of safe systems of work as it applies to confined spaces
- Describe and outline the requirements for emergency and rescue procedures
This e-learning provides awareness education. Face-to-face training, coaching or supervision would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
All members of an organisation requiring a base level understanding of the subject.
Mixed Media (audio/video elements with subtitles)