There have been many news headlines over the years highlighting the dangers of working at height, particularly when working from scaffolding.
The injuries and fatalities range from electrocution, scaffold collapse, unguarded scaffolding or tools and machinery falling from scaffolding and hitting people below.
With this in mind, it’s essential that employees have the information necessary to enable them to plan and manage any job tasks they undertake that involve working at height with scaffold and scaffold towers. This course will provide them with, and check their understanding of, that information.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Detail how to use scaffolding towers safely
- Explain the difference between indepedent scaffolds and putlog scaffolds
- Detail the basic components of a scaffold
- Describe the inspection system that is required for scaffolds
- Highlight the safe use of scaffolds
This e-learning provides awareness education. Face-to-face training, coaching or supervision would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
All members of an organisation requiring a base level understanding of the subject
Mixed Media (audio/video elements with subtitles)