More than 12 million working days are reported as lost in the UK associated with back-related injuries each year. This Working with Loads course is aimed at anyone who has a need to move items. Throughout the course, the learner will examine the safe practices and techniques for working with loads including techniques for manual handling and safe practices when working with trolleys, forklifts, and cranes.
What’s Included on the Course?
- The manual handling risk assessment process.
- One person and two-person safe lifting techniques.
- Lifting from a bench.
- The maximum weights to be lifted by women and men.
- Safe carrying techniques.
- Safe pulling and pushing techniques.
- The use of trolleys.
- Safety precautions when working with forklifts.
- Safety precautions when working with cranes.
- The considerations to included when planning the use of a crane.
- The roles to be fulfilled for safe crane operations.
- The hand signals to be used when directing an operator or a crane or forklift driver.
The Working with Loads course is presented via an easy-to-use interface which is retina friendly, engaging, interactive and has a fresh modern style. The course can be accessed using (PC, Tablet or Mac), and the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge, please note that Pop-up may need to be enabled. The content complies with subject related standards and has an associated online knowledge assessment the successful completion of which results in a Certificate of Achievement that is certified by TQA and carries unique registration number. Certificates can be printed and saved.
The Working with Loads e-learning course will be available for 30-days once the account is activated with the new title. The purchase price includes one quiz attempt, resits are available for a small administration charge of £5.00 plus VAT.