SMSTS Online Course by CITB
This SMSTS online course (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of your responsibilities when it comes to managing safety on a construction site. When you attend one of Target Zero’s SMSTS online courses you will also leave with full knowledge of the latest UK health and safety regulations.
Who is the SMSTS Course for?
The SMSTS course is the ‘next step’ for construction professionals who hold, or are looking to hold, a more senior position in their organisation. Site managers, agents and quantity surveyors will be required to book a place on this programme; construction and project directors will also benefit from its content. To summarise, the SMSTS training will benefit any member of staff who is responsible for a team of workers and who needs to plan, organise and monitor their output in a safe, industry-compliant way.
When you book a place on this online SMSTS course, you can expected to be taught everything you need to know about enforcing the health and safety code of practice on any construction site. You will learn why it’s important to carry out regular risk assessments in the workplace, and you will discover ways to identify, monitor and control the hazards that are often associated with the building and civil engineering sectors.
SMSTS Online Course Content
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Reporting of Injuries Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013
- Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment 1998
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Confined Spaces
- Syndicate Exercises
- 4 Core Exercises (Plan, Do, Check & Act (HSG 65), Site Briefings and Site Setup)
- 25 Questions, 18 Multiple Choice & 7 Written Questions
- Pass Rate 81%
CITB Assessment Process
This instructor-led SMSTS online training courses are delivered remotely through Zoom. You will need to complete the full 5 days, case studies and exercises to the satisfaction of the course instructor, and you will need to sit an exam at the end to prove you are competent.
The only way to guarantee that you as a site manager are equipped for your role is to ensure you attend every single training session that takes place. 100% attendance will be required from you to successfully complete the certificate.
CITB site manager qualifications are officially valid for 5 years after the date of completion of the training course. However, we recommend that you book onto an SMSTS Refresher course no longer than 3 years after their initial training. Legislation within the construction industry, along with the culture that underpins it, is changing from quarter to quarter, so attending regular refresher programmes is the only way to ensure that you are keeping up to date with the latest rules and regulations.
SMSTS Online Course Dates for Year 2021
- 04 Oct 2021 – 08 Oct
- 09 Oct 2021 – 23 Oct
- 11 Oct 2021 – 15 Oct
- 15 Oct 2021 – 12 Nov
- 18 Oct 2021 – 22 Oct
- 25 Oct 2021 – 29 Oct
- 30 Oct 2021 – 13 Nov
- 01 Nov 2021 – 05 Nov
- 08 Nov 2021 – 12 Nov
- 15 Nov 2021 – 19 Nov
- 19 Nov 2021 – 17 Dec
- 20 Nov 2021 – 04 Dec
- 22 Nov 2021 – 26 Nov
- 29 Nov 2021 – 03 Dec
- 06 Dec 2021 – 10 Dec
- 13 Dec 2021 – 17 Dec
- 20 Dec 2021 – 24 Dec
- Comparing the SMSTS course and IOSH Managing Safely
- Health and safety for managers is essential
- The HSE target smaller building sites
- The importance of safety on construction sites
- Fire safety on construction sites
- Is your construction site hazardous to health?
- Planning and managing construction sites safely
- Measures for safe construction site traffic control
- The dangers of scaffolding have to be managed
- Play a bigger role in managing H&S in construction